Salary Package account is a special savings account offered to salaried customers which provide unique benefits and services, as well as seamless access to the most advanced and secure Net Banking and Mobile Banking services. For more details, please visit Salary Account.
- 1. What is a Salary Package account?
- 2. What are the benefits of a Salary Package account?
Each Salary Package account offers unique benefits and services to the customers. Here are a few benefits of our Salary Package Account:
- Zero Balance Account
- No Monthly Average Balance charges
- Employee Reimbursement Account
- Auto Sweep Facility
- Lifetime Free Debit Card with exclusive benefits
- Free unlimited transactions across any Banks’ ATMs
- Free Demand Draft
- Free Multi City Cheques
- Free NEFT/ RTGS
- Free SMS Alerts
- Complimentary Personal/ Air Accident Insurance
- Best Interest Rates on Personal Loans, Car Loans, Home Loans and Pension Loans
- Overdraft facility as per eligibility
- Concessions in Locker Charges as per eligibility
- Also comes with bundled SBI Credit Card
For more details, please visit Salary Account.
- 3. What are the different types of Salary Account Packages being offered by SBI?
SBI offers an entire range of Salary Account Packages crafted to suit the needs of varied sectors as under:
- Central Government Salary Package (CGSP)
- State Government Salary Package (SGSP)
- Railway Salary Package (RSP)
- Defense Salary Package (DSP)
- Para Military Salary Package (PMSP)
- Police Salary Package (PSP)
- Indian Coast Guard Salary Package (ICGSP)
- Corporate Salary Package (CSP)
For more details, please visit Salary Account.
- 4. What is Central Government Salary Package?
Central Government Salary Package (CGSP) is a special savings account offered to employees of various Ministries Departments and Autonomous Bodies under the Central Government, RBI and NABARD. For various privileges under CGSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 5. What is State Government Salary Package?
State Government Salary Package (SGSP) is a special savings account offered to employees of State Govt. / Union Territories and permanent employees of Corporations/ Boards, etc. in States/ Union Territories, including Teachers/ Professors of aided Schools, Colleges, Universities, etc. For various privileges under SGSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 6. What is Railway Salary Package?
Railway Salary Package (RSP) is a special savings account offered to employees of Indian Railways, Kolkata Metro, Konkan Railway Corporation, Mumbai Metro, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. & Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation. For various privileges under RSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 7. What is Defence Salary Package?
Defence Salary Package (DSP) is a special savings account offered to Defence Personnel of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Indian Coast Guard, Assam Rifles, Rashtriya Rifles (RR) and GREF [Border Road Organisation (BRO)]. For various privileges under DSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 8. What is Para Military Salary Package?
Para Military Salary Package (PMSP) is a special savings account offered to the Personnel of following Central Para Military Forces (CPMFs) & Railway Protection Force:
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- National Security Guard (NSG)
For various privileges under PMSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 9. What is Police Salary Package?
Police Salary Package (PSP) is a special savings account offered to employees of the Central Police Organisations (other than Central Para Military Forces), Civil Police, Armed Police and Reserve Police of all States, Police Forces of The Union Territories (Under The Control Of The Central Government) and Government Railway Police (GRP) – (part of State Police Force). For various privileges under PSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 10. What is Indian Coast Guard Salary Package?
Indian Coast Guard Salary Package (ICGSP) is a special savings account offered to serving as well as retired personnel of the Indian Coast Guard, who have their Salary/Pension accounts with SBI. For various privileges under ICGSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 11. What is Corporate Salary Package?
Corporate Salary Package (CSP) is a special savings account offered to the employees of corporate institutions, including service organisations such as hospitals, hotels, transport corporations etc. For various privileges under CSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 12. How can one open a Salary Account with SBI?
A salaried person can approach SBI in any of the following ways:
- Request a call back at Salary Account and our Sales team will contact you within 5 working days.
- Walk into the nearest SBI Branch.
- 13. What are the documents required for opening a salary account?
The following documents are needed:
- Passport size photographs (2 nos.)
- Proof of Identity and Address as per standard account opening process
- Proof of Employment
- Latest Salary slip
- Joint Accounts: For joint accounts, the Proof of Identity & Proof of Address are required for both the applicant as well as the joint applicant(s).
For more details please contact your nearest branch or visit Salary Account.
- 14. I already have an existing saving account with SBI. Can it be converted to Salary account?
Yes. Existing saving account with SBI can also be converted to CSP account. Please contact your branch in this regard.
- 15. What are the variants of accounts available to the customer?
Four variants, namely Silver, Gold, Diamond and Platinum are available, depending on the level of the employee's gross monthly salary or Rank/ Designation of the employee. These variants have different facilities on offer. For more details, visit Salary Account.
- 16. Is upgradation from one variant to another variant possible?
Yes. On production of proof of gross salary per month/ increase in rank or designation, which makes him/her eligible for higher variant of the account, the branch will upgrade the account to the eligible variant e.g. from Gold to Diamond or Diamond to Platinum, etc. For benefits under different variants, visit Salary Account.
- 17. As a Salary Package Account holder, can I open a joint account and with whom?
You can open a Joint Account with your Spouse/ parent etc. (Please contact your nearest SBI branch for more details.)
- 18. Is there any insurance coverage for customers having Salary Package account with SBI?
Complementary Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) and Air Accident Insurance (AAI) cover is provided to all our Salary Package Account holders. Maximum coverage amount depends upon the type & variant of the Salary Package account. For more details, visit Salary Account.
- 19. What is Employee Reimbursement Account?
Employee Reimbursement accounts are offered to employees of Corporates already having a Salary Package Account relationship with SBI. Various Reimbursements other than salaries paid by the employees can be routed through this account. The account is a Current Account with Zero Balance feature and no annual maintenance charges. It is linked to the primary Salary Account. The same ATM cum Debit Card issued to the Salary Account can be linked to Employee Reimbursement Account.
- 20. Can I apply for Salary Account online?
One may apply for opening a new Salary Account online. Request a call back on Salary Account and our Sales team will contact you within 5 working days for further assistance.
- 21. How do I get my account transferred from one State Bank branch to another?
Our Core Banking facility allows you to continue with the same account at all our Branches. However for transfer of an account, you would to need to submit an application/ request letter to your home branch or get your Account transferred through Internet Banking.
- 22. Can I continue to enjoy the Salary Account benefits if I change my job?
You may continue to draw your salary through Salary Package Account even in the case of change of employer. You would need to intimate your employer about your existing Bank details, so that the monthly salary credits are routed through the same account. You would also need to intimate your Bank branch for the required change in employer mapping with the Bank.
- 23. What happens to my existing Salary Package Account if the Company with which I am working deputes me Overseas. Can I open another NRE account?
Your existing Salary Package account can get converted to Non-Resident Ordinary Account, where you can continue to receive local credits for all sources including your salary. In case you also draw salary overseas, you can open a Non Resident External Account wherein you can remit your monthly salary from abroad.
- 24. What happens to my existing Salary Package Account if there are no salary Credits to the Account?
In case, the monthly salary is not credited into the account for more than 3 consecutive months, the special features offered under Salary Package will stand withdrawn and the account shall be treated as Normal Savings Account under our standard charge structure, and all charges shall be levied and applied as applicable to normal savings accounts.
- 25. What is Auto Sweep facility?
This is a facility to transfer your money to a fixed deposit account from Savings account to earn higher interest once your balance in the SB account reaches the threshold balance of Rs. 35000/-. If the balance in the account is not sufficient to honour a cheque/ ATM withdrawals, the system automatically pre closes the fixed deposit/ or part of it and credits the same to your SB account.
- 26. What are the features and benefits of the overdraft facility in Salary Package Account?
The features and benefits of the overdraft facility in Salary Package Account are:
- Up to 2 times Net Monthly Salary, Overdraft limit set up on the existing CSP account
- Minimum documentation
- No processing fees
- No pre-closure charges
- Easy-to-use and easy-to-pay facility
- Repayable in 6 months
- Freedom to use limit through Cheque book, ATM, online transfer, etc.
- Interest payable only on the utilized amount. Monthly Salary and other Credits in the account help save interest.
*Terms & Conditions Apply. Overdraft at the sole discretion of SBI. For more details please contact your branch.
- 27. Who is eligible for Overdraft facility?
If you have minimum 6 months of residual service and your salary account with us has regular salary credits, then you are eligible for an Overdraft facility.
- 28. How many salary credits are required in my existing account to qualify for Overdraft?
Minimum 6 consecutive salary credits are required.
- 29. Can Overdraft facility be availed through Internet Banking?
Overdraft facility through Internet Banking is being offered only to pre-selected Diamond and Platinum variant Customers as on date.
- 30. What are the concession available to Salary Package customer for availing Locker facility?
Upto 25% concession is available to Salary Package customer depending upon the variant of the Salary Package account. For more details please contact your branch.
- 31. What is the total number of free drafts available for Salary Package customer per month?
A Salary Package customer can avail unlimited free Drafts.
- 32. What is the total number of free ATM transactions at SBG ATMs available for Salary Package customer per month?
A Salary Package customer can avail unlimited free ATM transactions at SBG ATMs per month.
- 33. What is the total number of free ATM transactions at other Banks’ ATMs available for Salary Package customer per month?
A Salary Package customer can avail unlimited free ATM transactions at other Banks’ ATMs per month.
- 34. What are the NEFT/ RTGS charges applicable for Salary Package customer?
NEFT/ RTGS services are free for Diamond & Platinum variant customers through all channels, whereas for Silver & Gold variant customers, the services are free through digital channels only.
- 35. Which Debit card is issued for Salary Package customers?
Debit Cards are issued free of cost to all Salary Package customers and annual maintenance charges are also waived. Issuance of Debit Card depends upon the variant of the Salary Account as under:
Platinum: International Platinum Debit Card with withdrawal limit of Rs. 1 lakh (or equivalent in foreign currency) per day
Diamond: International Gold Debit Card with withdrawal limit of Rs. 50,000/- (or equivalent in foreign currency) per day
Gold: International Gold Debit Card with withdrawal limit of Rs. 50,000/- (or equivalent in foreign currency) per day
Silver: Domestic Classic Debit Card with withdrawal limit of Rs. 20,000/- per day
- 36. Can an Add on Card be issued for joint account?
Add on card for parent/ spouse can be issued free of cost for joint account holder under Salary Package.
- 37. Is National Pension System (NPS) available for Salary Package customers?
National Pension System (NPS) facility is available for all Salary Package customers. Remittance can be made by deposit of cash at any SBI branch or by transfer through Internet Banking. For more details please contact your branch.
- 38. Is Public Provident Fund (PPF) available for Salary Package customers?
Public Provident fund (PPF) is available for all Salary Package customers. Remittance can be made by deposit of cash at any SBI branch or by transfer through Internet Banking. For smore details please contact your branch.